What I did:
- City Hall paperwork
- Contacting internet company for new setup
- Got my airport bus ticket
- Purchased my flight ticket
- Sell a bunch of stuff to a 2nd hand store (and only get $10 …)
- Placed my furniture order from Muji and IKEA (and see $500 disappear from my balance)
- Paid the city hall for trash collection fee (huge sized trash needs a fee to be collected)
- Gave unwanted items to my friend
- Throwing away more stuff
It was particularly hard to throw away items that I know my parents personally bought/picked for me. But since I didn’t use it anymore, I feel like it’s a waste to just have it sleep in my storage forever. I had to let go a pair of sneakers (which I already stopped using 3 years ago) and a cardigan (that I never really liked wearing). There are a bunch of cutlery, bowls, and plates that reminds me of home and I’m currently unable to throw them away for some reason. I’m going to do my best and use them from now (hopefully).
Seeing my bank balance deplete from all these purchases hurts me (goodbye, my bakery salary) but it’s something that can’t be avoided. I am excited to furnish my new place, though. I got a new desk since I’m sick of how small my old one is. I also got new cabinets that go along with the desk color. I originally wanted my room to be full of natural wood colored furniture, but IKEA doesn’t seem to have a lot of variation. I could’ve gone for Muji’s since 90% of their furniture are natural looking, but it’s not so wallet friendly.
What needs to be done:
- Call the current gas/electricity company to stop the contract
- Call the new apartment’s gas/electricity/water company to start contract
- Make one sentence regarding ‘What I want to achieve/accomplish‘ for the company’s entrance ceremony (not related to moving out… but I still need to do it)
- Pack more stuff (probably going to do this one day before the move out date because all I have left are essentials)
I wanted to complete the procedures for starting the electricity and stuff at my new place, but I couldn’t figure out which gas company to choose. There were multiple options to choose from and I didn’t know that you could have multiple gas companies in a single apartment building. I emailed the PIC for my apartment last Friday but I haven’t received any response since. Hopefully she’ll reply on Monday so I can finally finish everything.
I will probably post another update once the moving company has finished taking all my stuff.